The Stillness Practices
Full title: “The Complete Stillness Practices from Blue Sky Mind”
Author: Dr Ian Gawler
- Format: Digital Audio MP3
- Running Time: Four tracks for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Catalogue Number: DIG-BSM1
To save money scroll to the bottom of this page, for Bundle Offers.
These are the 4 key meditation practices recommended for your daily practice.
They are designed to support and guide you as you relax the body, calm the mind and progress via mindfulness into the profound stillness of deeper meditation.
Ideal for beginners or those seeking to deepen their meditation. These practices have also been used by many people seeking meditation’s therapeutic benefits for dealing with stress or major illness.
These are the meditation recordings to begin with and it is recommended that these exercises be used on a regular basis.
Ian Gawler is one of Australia’s most experienced and respected teachers of meditation. He has a wonderful capacity for translating the ancient wisdom out of which meditation flows, into a vibrant and relevant modern setting.
DIG-BSM1 contains 4 tracks:
1: The Direct Approach: 13:09mins
Starting with very simple and short relaxation and mindfulness techniques, this track may well guide you into a direct experience of stillness.
2: Mindfulness into Stillness: 18:23mins
This is the main practice recommended by Ruth and Ian. It includes somewhat more elaborate relaxation and mindfulness techniques, and then skilfully guides you past potentially distracting thoughts and emotions into the deeper stillness.
3: Relaxation into Stillness: 28:31mins
Based upon The Progressive Muscle Relaxation exercise, this track gives more deliberate attention to systematic and deep relaxation, and then uses mindfulness to enter into the stillness.
4: Mindfulness of Thoughts: 19:44mins
This practice has been revolutionary for many who have been stuck in their meditation, unable to move past the distractions of thoughts. Here you can learn how to work with your thoughts, and actually use them to experience the stillness and rest in deep meditation.
- The exercises that lead into the complete Mindfulness of Thoughts practice described above – as featured in the text of Blue Sky Mind – are available on the classic download and CD Meditation – Pure and Simple.
- A number of excellent exercises from the Classic Series are worthy of specific mention here as they build concentration and mindfulness. These tracks are available on the download or CD Deepening Your Meditation. Also, one of these tracks is accompanied by very evocative Didgeridoo music.
BUY A COLLECTION & SAVE!
The Blue Sky Mind Digital Download Collection, narrated by Ian Gawler, is comprised of all 3 titles in the 'Blue Sky Mind Meditation Range'. You can order all releases in one purchase and in doing so, you are buying at a discounted price.
Simply click the 'Add to Cart' button to start your purchase now.